Vice President Finance
NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known, by using next generation technology that revolutionizes the way networks and services are secured, protected, and managed. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Finance will provide leadership and coordination of company financial operations and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. In addition, the candidate will be leading the efforts to automate and digitalize accounting processes and services for seamless daily operation and to remain current in a competitive market.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department.
- Direct the monthly close process resulting in the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package, which includes financial statements, comparisons to budget and various operating analyses.
- Preparation of company annual budget and preparation of financial and sales forecasts.
- Coordinate external financial audit, 401(k) audit, preparation of company tax returns and payment of quarterly taxes.
- Responsible for state sales tax filings and sales tax compliance issues.
- Responsible for 401(k) administration and filing of Form 5500.
- Management of Cash, payables, and receivables, including cash reports and customer credit analyses.
- Preparation and processing of semimonthly payroll via ADP and 401(k) contribution via Fidelity Investments.
- Coordinate commercial insurance renewal and prepare necessary workpapers.
- Organize R&D Tax Credit Study with engineering department and external consulting firm.
- Maintain all stockholder records, cap table, stock option reports and issuance of stock certificates.
- Prepare government census reports and various state regulatory reports.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the public.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, maintaining, and enforcing financial policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate department staff.
- Provide input to IT department to ensure that our technology systems adequately support financial reporting, and analysis functions.
- Manage relationship with subsidiary, NIKSUN India Private Limited, regarding financial and administrative tasks.
- Oversee and manage all banking relationships.
- 10-15 years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze and reconcile financial data, prepare reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, and product-line profitability analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, along with the ability to effectively prioritize time sensitive deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with strong accounting experience
- CPA required.