Software Engineer - UI
NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
Responsible for front-end design and development at the product application layers. Requires a good understanding of programming web-based applications to meet delivery demands for both existing and new product development. Works well in small teams to meet business and technology requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibities:
- Implementing, debugging and unit testing on new and existing product applications.
- Applies knowledge of programming languages to develop and support high quality and high performing front-end software.
- Follows requirements produced by Product Management and design specifications outlined by senior team members.
- Works in conjunction with senior team members to derive subcomponent design goals.
- Supports product deployment lifecycle and maintenance.
- Stays up to date on the latest programming techniques and standards.
- Supports QA phase of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Linux, Node.js, Express.js and Databases.
- Experience deploying applications in Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Understanding of/experience with unit testing and source code control.
- Well-organized, self-motivated individual with ability to rapidly learn new tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, set and meet deadlines per schedule.
- Strength and experience developing applications in Angular, Vue.js, Express.js.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS or Saas.
- Understanding of front-end MV* frameworks (Angular, React, etc.).
- Experience working with source control systems (git).
- Works under limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required.