Sr. OS Engineer
NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known, by using next generation technology that revolutionizes the way networks and services are secured, protected, and managed. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
The Senior Operating System Engineer will:
- Design, develop, and maintain custom Operating Systems of FreeBSD and LINUX.
- Design, develop high performance, high availability Storage Systems
- Design, develop high performance network Monitoring Cards
- Design, develop high performance applications running on clouds including private (OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc) and public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues and drive these issues to closure
- Utilize system profiling tools to optimize and improve the execution performance of modules and key processes
- Troubleshoot field reported problems for root cause analysis
- 10+ years of experience shipping high quality, reliable software
- Expertise with OS and device driver development on one of UNIX/FreeBSD/Linux
- Experience with the build/integration/distribution of one of these OS’s
- Experience with packaging tools and package versioning on one of these OS’s
- Very strong C/C++ programming skills
- Experience-backed knowledge of Operating System principles
- Experience in cloud development environments (AWS/Azure, OpenStack, Kubernetes)
- Experience in container-based development environments
- Effective communication skills
- Desire to work on challenging projects
- Minimum Master’s degree (or appropriate experience) in CS/EE from an accredited university
- Approximately 10%. Ability to make onsite customer visits for installation/troubleshooting of NIKSUN software and hardware technologies.