NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known, by using next generation technology that revolutionizes the way networks and services are secured, protected and managed. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
As a Director of Software Engineering, you will be a key contributor and leader of the design, development and maintenance of network analysis and forensic tools with emphasis on network and application layer protocols. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Core, Server-side Applications.
Management and Leadership Responsibilities require demonstrated skills in:
- Building and maintaining a world class team
- Managing project risks and resources for on schedule, on budget and high-quality deliverables to a large customer base
- Providing hands on technical leadership to ensure alignment of design with overall architecture.
- Technical and architectural leadership in a team that consists of highly technical professionals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Overall a team player.
Required Technical Experience:
- Full SDLC Experience
- Strong development skills in Java, C/C++, (Protocol stack development experience is a plus.)
- Solid development experience on Unix-based systems (FreeBSD and Linux a major plus).
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, performance, security, ability to understand packet dumps and protocol decodes), and VOIP.
- Familiarity with software build process and tools (CVS, make, tar, pkg, rpm, shell, awk, yacc).
- Understanding of efficient algorithm design and data structures with the ability to direct team to optimize code runtime.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Cloud computing platforms and technologies such as OpenStack, VMware, AWS, and/or Azure. This includes deploying, administering, and coding applications in these environments.
- Experience in designing and implementing Microservices solutions using Containers/Docker or similar technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/EE or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience of about 10 Years
- Less than 25%.
- Office environment
- Occasionally moves office files/equipment weighing up to 25 pounds